Student Summer Position
CHIMO Job Posting
(Temporary Full-Time, 35hrs / wk, 14-week Summer Student Position)
Intern Coordinator: Marketing, Information and Social Media Specialist
This position is responsible for supporting development and delivery of CHIMO’s self-help information resources, on-line services and social media presence.
Posting Date: May 9, 2011
Closing Date: May 18, 2011
Start Date: May 28, 2011
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Settlement and Integration workers to Create Self-Help instructional resources for newcomers to Canada in multiple languages (eg., how to apply for different government and community programs and outlines of different application processes).
- Ensure resource pamphlets, booklets and flyers used in the resource centre are updated
- Order resource material for new immigrants from government and other service providers in different service languages.
- Create a Richmond resource directory for newcomer clients (eg., food, clothing, housing, medical services, etc).
- Compile and order Job Search resources (ie. Resume templates, list of job search sites, industry information).
- Research social media opportunities to maximize outreach to select clientele (eg., immigrants, youth, young adults, families, people with disabilities).
- Create, update and maintain CHIMO Social Media Accounts (Twitter, Face book)
- Enrollment in relevant post-secondary education program (e.g., business development and administration, information technology management, marketing and social media, communications, media relations, diversity/inter-cultural studies).
- Experience in designing and implementing online activities and presence.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing and communications theory and practice.
- Demonstrated success in working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds (e.g.: cultural, religious, age, sexual orientation, etc.)
- Experience in research and developing informational and resource materials.
- Satisfactory completion of a Criminal Record Search is a requirement of this position.
This is a temporary full-time position working 35 hours per week from May 28, 2012 to August 31, 2012. The salary is $18.25 per hour. The position requires union membership. The position is open to male and female applicants. Candidates who are members of a visible minority are encouraged to apply.
Please Note: To be eligible to apply, candidates must be students between the ages of 19 and 34 years, who are currently enrolled full-time in a post secondary program and will be returning to school full-time in the fall. Others need not apply.
Please submit letter of intent and resume by email to:
Human Resources Department, CHIMO Crisis Services
Trackback from your site.