Construction Essential Skills Pre-employment Program (DC)
Douglas College offers Employment Skills Access Program
TUITION FREE TRAINING to individuals needing to upgrade their skills in order to get employed, an initiative of the Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Innovation.
Construction Essential Skills Pre-Employment Program
For Newcomers to BC who are:
- Unemployed/defined as an Non-EI client (see participant eligibility screening form)
- Seeking to strengthen their job-specific-skills to find employment within construction field which is the third largest employer in BC (BC Stats)
- Seeking work options in trades and potential apprenticeship opportunities
Four (4) weeks – exploring the work opportunities and training to work in the construction field.
Week 1 – Industry specific Essential Skills, Week 2: Comprehensive introduction to Construction industry, Week 3: Construction Safety Training System (15 modules); Week 4 – Training and Employer panel. Job search support provided during and after the training.
Earn (6) Industry Recognized certificates
- Construction Safety Training System
- Scissor and Arial Lift Training
- Occupational Level 1 First Aid
- Traffic Control Person of BC (Flagging)
- Douglas College Certificate of Completion
June 18 – July 13, 2012 or July 30 – August 24, 2012
Monday – Friday – 9am to 3pm,
Location: Douglas College, A1080 – 1250 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam
For registration information and eligibility form, visit TTG website
Employment Skills Access Program
Trackback from your site.